Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the end of an era

I'm comin home today. 40 days. We did a bone marrow biopsy and it came back as 7% Leukemia cells which is a significant difference than last time, and fantastic news. It's not considered remission, but damn close. I believe the next step, if they have a match soon enough, is to jump straight into transplant, hopefully in June. I have an appointment with the doc on friday to discuss the next step, so we'll see. I have been eating real food for the past week since my blood counts have been up, and it has made the last week go by much faster, and much tastier. I am just waiting to get a port line put in my chest, and the picc line taken out of my arm. the port will be a direct line that goes right over my heart, so they can access that whenever i need medicine, or anything else. apparantly I wont have anyhing outside of the skin, it will be like a lego size deal under my skin that they will poke into when i need to get meds, which is totally wierd, but it's better than having these wacky cords hanging from me. I dont have much else to say other than I'm ready to bail out of this place. I will be back in town tonight sometime. Can't wait to see everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Brent, that's such great news!! There a lot of people out here praying for you and your family!! We are also praying that one of us Livermorons is a match for you. Keep up the good work and enjoy your 'freedom'.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the Marrow drive went so well!I knew it would! I really wanted to be there! Between not feeling great (cause of good old Fibromyalgia) and getting a late start I just didn't make it. Hopefully you won't have to live throught much more before you can start your new life and get on with it! You are a great person and you deserve a long and happy life! Enjoy your time! Love from Deb
    LYAMAN

    ReplyDelete