Wednesday, April 28, 2010

no use crying over spilled milk

33 days now... they are telling me maybe another week. hopefully i will get out on tuesday or wednesday. but it depends on how the bone marrow biopsy goes. in other news, my blood counts are starting to rise pretty rapidly, which they say is good news so that they can do the biopsy on monday. but they cant really tell anything until the biopsy results come back. but so far, so good. this stay has been much longer than originally expected, but what can ya do? ill tell you what you can do, think of all the people that care and have put me in their prayers and sent me kind thoughts and wishes. its crazy how many people have sent me some sort of kind message in many different forms. thank you to all, and im sorry if i havnt gottten back to you, its tough with so many people. anywho, I have learned to appreciate everything about life so much more through all of this, cause it can all be taken away from you in an instant.

I miss stressing about work. I used to come home all bummed out, worrying if things got ordered or if somebody was gonna be late. working 55 hours a week. I was stressed but not worrying about anything sucks. id like to have something to worry about. as wierd as that sounds. i miss the pickle shop. but im gonna have plenty to worry about in about a year. The whole family behind the company has become like a second family to me, and they are doing great things for me. So, the livermore pickles is the busiest shop in the franchise, and there is roughly 60 stores. busiest since day one, nobody can touch it. I had been basically running the busiest store for the past 4 months or so. Got promoted to manager and ran it head to toe, with the help of the old polar bear, Tim. anyway, Tims brother in law, Frank, is the founder of the company, and after we found out about all of this leukemia business, frank called me up and told me how much he appreciates everything ive done for the store, and that when all this is over to pick a city, and they would get me a store.... ABUUUUHHH?!?! i couldnt believe it. He's going to front the operation and i would pay him back over time. This is the American dream. I can't believe i will be owning my own store in around a year or so. Im thinking berkeley, but who knows. These are great people and i couldnt be more thankful for everything theyve done for me. looking forward to my own store, but first ive gotta come back to livermore for a couple months and save their ass. i hear shits rusty without ol faithful. jokes and jokes.. im sure theyre doing fine....

Besides missing the work atmosphere, as i wont be working for about a year, i am looking forward to printing mass amounts of shirts. i never had the time to before, working so much. so hopefully this next year i will be printing my ass off. Wild Styles will be taking off in no time, as long as my artists get to work! also this next year, since i wont be working, so im trying to grow my beard out for the whole time im not working. I mean the hair just fell out, im not sure how long its gonna take to start coming back, but once it starts comin back, aint nothin gonna stop it. im goin caveman on it. i feel, i dont know, stronger with a beard. like i can run faster and jump higher, have the strength of 3..no 5 bears!

So my boss Timbo, and his nutty cousin Butch, were kind enough to replace the carpets in my house, for free. and they got a dog door installed for ol lucy. again, solid dudes, cant be more grateful. moms gave me their couch, and pops replaced the blinds and shades. they are sending their gardeners over to clean out the backyard tomorrow also. im gonna come back to a sterile, solid new place. Thank you Tim and Butch, Mom and Dad, and Hope, and everybody else who helped move stuff out of the house for the carpets to get put in. Totally solid.

1 comment:

  1. Dana and I were wondering if you were back home today. Hope to see you soon! Nancy

    ReplyDelete